Sandford Lab at Homestake Mine in Lead, SDOnce the largest gold and silver mine in the Western Hemisphere, Homestake Mine is now home to the Sandford Lab research facility. The Homestake mining museum is open to the public for free exhibits and surface tours of the historic mine operation.
Prices -2019 RATES
- Group (10 or more people): $5.00 per person
- Family (4 or more): $25
- Adults (22-54): $8.00
- Students With ID (7-21): $7.00
- Over 55: $7.00
- Winter Tours: $5.00
- Children age 5 and under: FREE
Hours -Summer Tours run daily from mid- May to the end of September at 10:00am, 11:30am, 1:00pm, 2:30pm, and 4:00pm.
- Hoist & Trolley tours
- Visit the Homestake Mine Gift Shop
- Scavenger Hunt around the facility
- Rent bikes to ride over 100 miles of trails
- Hit Golf Balls into the deep mine pit